Membership in the Lawrence Community Orchestra is comprised of professional, amateur, and student musicians. Musicians are expected to attend all rehearsals and performance(s) for each concert cycle. An honorarium of $75 for section musicians and $150 for principal players is awarded at the end of each concert.
Auditions for the Lawrence Community Orchestra take place via online video submission twice a year (June 1 and December 1). Musicians are encouraged to submit an audition video no later than one of two audition dates (preferred date – June 1) to be considered for future performance rotations.
Audition videos should include the following:
- 2 short contrasting excerpts (1-2 minutes each) from the solo or orchestral repertoire best demonstrating your performance skills.
- Videos should be made within 2 months of submission and should feature your solo performance – please do not submit videos of ensembles.
- Once you have completed your video performance, please convert it into an online link. Video links should be sent in one of two formats:
- Unlisted YouTube Video Link (preferred)
- Google Drive Link (View or Edit Mode)
- Fill out the following Google Form no later than the June 1 or December 1 entry deadline. You will be notified no later than 2 weeks following those deadlines of placement into the LCO performance rotation.
To submit your application for membership in the LCO, please use the LCO Audition Form.