When I am not playing the harp, I am usually running my kids to lessons, soccer practice, dance class, or making their Halloween costumes!
I enjoy attending music and sporting events with my husband, Bob. We get together with our two children (Kaelyn, 23, and Robby, 21) and both sides of our families as often as we can. I also enjoy running, weight classes, practicing my horn and being with friends!
When I’m not playing in the LCO, I am teaching a wonderful flute studio of 30 students and touring and performing with my flute, oboe, piano trio Allegresse. I am also the proud mother of two wonderful children, 6-year-old Isla and 4-year-old Oscar. If I have any time left, I try to be a good wife to my amazing husband Dave Gnojek.
When he’s not playing trombone with the Lawrence Community Orchestra, Ted Toulouse works for the Veterans Administration in Human Resources. He also helps with the Lawrence City Band’s music library.
The Lawrence Community Orchestra provides a dynamic experience where people of diverse backgrounds celebrate and appreciate music together, encouraging pride in their community.
Values held important as we pursue our mission:
- Provide performing opportunities for artistic growth and enjoyment for professionals and amateur musicians.
- Provide extraordinary experiences by presenting quality music and inclusive programming.
- Create a vibrant organization that honors diversity in our audiences, artistic team, staff and board members.
- Collaborate with community organizations (commercial, non-profit and public).
- Uphold transparency in our stewardship.
- Foster a fun environment.
The Lawrence Community Orchestra will be a catalyst in elevating the artistic and cultural scene in Lawrence.